Reality Check - Are You a Good Employee?
Every day around the world, managers and employees arrive at work to put in a full day of productive activity. Or at least that is what companies hope from their employees. But are you a good employee? In the competitive job market today, you need to have many skills and sell your accomplishments but you also need to prove that you are a good employee.
Here are some top tips for determining whether you are a good employee:
- Are you dependable? Do you show up for work on time, every time? Does your manager and your team know you are available and responsive?
- Do you communicate effectively? Does your team understand your expectations and does your boss know what you are working on? Do you reduce the number of emails or meetings required by addressing all issues concisely and thoroughly? Do you respond quickly and efficiently to questions or projects?
- Do you carry your own weight? Would your coworkers say you are a valuable member of the team? Does your manager rely on you for major projects? Are you a team player?
- Do you have a positive relationship with your coworkers, managers, and clients?
- Do you enjoy what you do? Without passion for your work, it may be hard to be a good employee.
At ModernHR we will help you cultivate and keep the best employees. We bring clarity and simplification to your human resources department, focusing on your specific corporate culture and allowing you to prioritize business growth and prosperity. Contact us today!
- Business (104)
- Company (34)
- Compliance Update (2)
- Customers (4)
- Education (19)
- Employee Benefits (9)
- Finance (2)
- Holiday (5)
- Human Resources (49)
- Legal Updates (3)
- Outsourcing (33)
- Positive Workplace (68)
- Products (3)
- Recruiting (11)
- Risk Management (7)
- Root (1)
- Solutions (53)
- Training (7)
- Wage and Hour (4)
- Wellness (33)
If you want to run a successful business, there's no better way to do so than by consulting successful business owners. This way, you get advice straight from the horse's mouth. After all, if you wanted to be in a successful relationship, you would probably take advice from someone who was already in a successful relationship. And if you wanted to write a book, you would probably take advice from someone who had written a book. The same goes for advice about running a business.
Chatbots are, for modern businesses, a gateway into the many uses of AI already up and running in the business world. These programs, developed through research into natural language processing, can imitate human conversation and solve tasks using an automated structure. Chatbots (bots is short for robots) can assist HR departments and leadership in several ways, particularly in highly repetitive tasks such as mandatory training, scheduling interviews, giving information about benefits, and other customer service needs. The HR chatbot programs have been specifically designed for the work of HR departments, and can be used across multiple platforms, such as company websites, email, and instant messaging and text services.
When an employee loves her job, she does better work. The employer keeps her busy with new challenges, and she keeps doing her job efficiently. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out this way. Sometimes, the employee keeps going until she can't go anymore. An employee engaged with her work is a good thing, but burnout is a reality that should not be ignored.