Human Resources: Improve Your Work Ethic
The dawning of a new year brings with it the desire to improve, to better yourself and do more. You can begin reaching your objectives by becoming a better worker; one who is more efficient, more engaged and more productive.
Here are 10 Ways to improve your work ethic over the next 12 month.
- Set your work hours and stick with them. Be on time, focus your energies on the job in front of you and, with time, the practice will transform into habit.
- Imitate those people whose work ethic you admire. For example, pick someone who has made great strides in their career by putting in maximum efforts. Copy their patterns to help you achieve.
- Get back up if you falter in your quest. If you have had a lazy period, for incidence, around the holidays, you must forgive yourself and decide to make your work a priority again.
- When you find yourself struggling to maintain a high work ethic, stop and examine the root reason for your problem. One possibility is that your job does not mesh with your personality. This could be the signal that you need to move on to a vocation about which you will be passionate.
- Gradually build up the amount of hours you put in to work. Suppose you are an entrepreneur. Start with a set number of hours to work on your project a day and then add an hour a day a week until you are where you need to be for success.
- Plan your work days out with a top loaded schedule. Get the most difficult items on your job list done in the morning when you are fresh. Prioritize tasks and save the less meaningful work for after lunch.
- Sharpen your focus with mindfulness. Give your work your full attention. Put away distractions such as your phone while you work. Take breaks but limit their duration so that you get back to the task quickly.
- Get your body and mind in good shape. Engage in aerobic exercises and strength building. Consider yoga to improve both the body and the mind. When you are in top condition, it is easier to work long hours.
- Keep your goals in the forefront of your mind. Create a vision board illustrating you at work accomplishing set objectives. Look at it frequently to remind yourself of your desire to succeed and how to do it.
- Enlist an accountability partner. Choose someone who works in the same field as yourself. Agree to monitor each other's progress. The support will keep you motivated.
- Business (123)
- Company (39)
- Compliance Update (2)
- Customers (5)
- Education (19)
- Employee Benefits (9)
- Finance (2)
- Holiday (5)
- Human Resources (56)
- Legal Updates (4)
- Outsourcing (34)
- Positive Workplace (83)
- Products (3)
- Recruiting (11)
- Risk Management (7)
- Root (1)
- Solutions (67)
- Training (8)
- Wage and Hour (4)
- Wellness (38)
When you are a business owner or even a manager, you are probably very concerned about the culture of the workplace. You are going to want to provide a calming environment where everyone feels safe and able to do their work.
Beginning January 1, 2019, a new resolution took place in California to help reduce sexual harassment in the workplace. In an effort to help curb harassment and ensure that all employees are educated about exactly what harassment is, what to do about it, and how to avoid it, California has passed a resolution requiring all employers with five or more employees to provide this increased training.